Sunday, May 24, 2009

SMART Goal

Recreational goal


I wish to play badminton well by week 13. In order to achieve my goal by week 13, i need to do things according to the SMART checklist. Below are the explanations about my smart goal.

Specific
I hope that I will be able to play badminton well by week 13. I really wish I can be a good badminton player. Below are my plans to achieve the goal:

· Seek help from my friend - He is in the school badminton team. He is a experienced badminton player. I sure that he can help me to achieve my target. I need to understand about the rules and regulations of badminton competition. After that, I can learn to play badminton very well.

· Have a good racket and a pair of sport shoes to start my badminton practice - A good racket and suitable sport shoes is very important for a badminton player.

· Watch some DVD about the badminton competition - By watching these DVD, I can know some of the strategic and techniques that are commonly used by the famous badminton players. For example, I can watch the Olympic badminton final competition between Lin Dan and Lee Chong Wei. Both of them are good badminton players in the world. I really admire them. The famous badminton players spent a lot time and energy to achieve their glory.

· Do my practices twice a week - I can practice at the badminton court nearby my house during evening. If I keep on the hard work, I sure I can achieve my goal very soon. I can ask my friends to play badminton with me. With the help of my friends, I believe that I will be able to play badminton very soon.

· Do some exercise like jogging during evening - If I do not give up, I am very sure that I can improve my stamina very soon. Jogging can built up my stamina. A excellent badminton player should have good stamina.

· Maintain a healthy lifestyle - For example, I need to have a balanced diet which contains all the nutrients required in a day. A balanced diet is very important for badminton players. This is because they need to use a lot of energy when practice. All the nutrients that we required are carbohydrate, protein, fat, mineral, vitamin and water. I should eat according to the proportion stated in the food pyramid.


Measurable
How I know my progress in playing badminton? I can have a few competitions with my friend which is in badminton team. They are experienced and excellent badminton player.Through the competitions, I can know my weakness and try to improve it. If I can win the competitions, I already successfully achieved my goal.

Achievable
I believe I can play badminton well by week 13. This is because I will do my best to achieve my goal. I must be patient when I do my practice. I have to improve my stamina as soon as possible because my stamina is very weak. After that, I can play badminton well without having any problem. By having positive attitude, I can make my dream come true. Besides that, I sure I can achieve the goal with the help of my friends. They are very willing to help me.


Relevant
Why I want to learn to play badminton ? Why is this target important for me?
· Playing badminton is a good activities - We can maintain our health by playing badminton .When we play badminton , we will sweat and excrete waste product from our body . Excretion of waste product plays an important role in our daily lives. Moreover, we can control our weight by playing badminton. If one person is overweight, he will have obesity problem. Obesity is a medical condition in which excess body fat has accumulated to the extent that it may have an adverse effect on health, leading to reduce life expectancy. Obesity is associated with many diseases, particularly heart diseases , diabetes , cancer and osteoarthritis . So, we have to maintain a healthy lifestyle and do exercise regularly.

· Relax ourselves - As the saying goes “all work and no play makes Jack a dull boy ”, we should not just study all the time and become a book worm. On the contrary, we should know how to relax ourselves. For example , we can do some exercise and play some games when we are free .That means we should study smart and play hard. When playing games, we also can learn something that cannot be found on the books.

· Make more friends by playing badminton - This is because I will meet some friends when I play badminton in the garden. I hope I can mix with friends of different races. I wish that I can become more active by making more friends. As we know, friends play an important role in our lives. We cannot live without friends. As the saying goes “ a friend in need is a friend indeed ” , friend is the one who can help us when we face any problem and difficulty. By playing badminton, I can improve my communication skill and become a friendly person.


· Improve my relationship with my family members by playing badminton - I can play badminton with my family members during weekends in the nearby badminton court. I wish that playing badminton is a activity that can join us together. In addition, we can talk about the same topics during the family day and know each other well.


Time - referenced
I should plan my time well so that I can achieve my goal within the period. Below are my plans to achieve my target:
Week
Activities
1-3
Understand and learn all the rules and regulations about badminton competitions.
4-5
Learn the basic skills and techniques of badminton.
6-10
Starts on regular practices.
11-13
Have competitions with the friends.

1 comment: